While Emirates does not have its own lounge at Dulles, it partners with Air France to allow Emirates business and first class passengers to use the Air France lounge as they waiting for the morning flight. I was impressed with the small details, including individual mini salt and pepper shakers, a ramekin of butter, and the napkin ring. Network as you delve into delicious canapés. We arrived at the airport at 8:00am. This is not an exhaustive list and may frequently change. Enjoy gourmet cuisine and over 4,500 channels of entertainment, or take a stroll to the onboard lounge. Emirates A380 Business Class This is Business Class redefined Unwind in the perfect living space. The compensation we receive is of no cost to you. After ordering a round of drinks, we grabbed seats on one of the couches in the lounge. A seat that seamlessly reclines into a bed. Our flight attendant, Katrina, stopped by to introduce herself and asked if we wanted a pre-departure glass of champagne. Business and first class passengers had a completely separate entrance gate, which was conveniently directly across from the Air France lounge. I was perfectly fine using the touchscreen on the TV, but the seat also offered a detachable tablet that you could use to control the TV as well. Behind it are roughly 100 economy seats. I want to give it a perfect ten, because it was an unforgettable flight. What’s especially nice with the lie-flat seats is that every Emirates A380 business class passenger receives a mattress pad to put on the seat after it’s completely flat. And our bartender Marko made it a lot of fun. For a moment, you could almost believe that you were boarding a red-eye flight headed to someplace far afield. It was easily the best airplane food we had ever had, but not quite as good as we hoped. While we receive a commission from these websites, we do our best to maintain neutrality and journalistic integrity in our editorial reviews of credit cards and other financial products. After the meal, it was time for the experience we had been waiting for! Having all of that extra space made for a MUCH more comfortable flight, and the mattress pad was a nice touch, too. The couch was equipped with seatbelts, so we were able to stay in the lounge along with a handful of other passengers. Find inspiration in our Business Class airport lounges before you fly. Our Serbian bartender, Marko, was quite the character. The cabin lights had dimmed, so we figured it was time to catch some sleep on those lie-flat seats. Lie-flat seats – all with one touch of a button. Roughly 120,000 Emirates miles will be required each way, and you’ll also need to pay a couple hundred dollars in taxes and fees. “We want to give you a keepsake,” he said. Arrive refreshed with our Emirates Indulgence by Bvlgari amenity kits. Affiliate Disclosure: PointsPanda LLC is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites including but not limited to CardRatings.com, Insure.com, GuidetoLenders.com, Amazon.com, WorldNomads.com, Hotels.com, Airbnb.com and others. Each seat came with a complimentary amenity kit. THE BAR. When it’s time to sleep, the seat quickly reclines completely flat with one touch of a button. Until I found a way to fly in Emirates A380 business class using travel credit cards. But as we learned as we flew more business class flights, you end up throwing out most of these sample-size bottles anyway. All seats in this cabin offer direct access to one of the aircraft’s two aisles (so there’s never a need to step over a neighbor if you feel the need to leave your seat) but some seats will be preferable to others depending on how you like to travel and if you’re traveling with a companion. All Business Class seats onboard the Emirates A380 are 18,5 inch (47 cm) wide. Did it blow our minds? For more information please read our full Advertiser Disclosure. The Maryland crab cakes immediately jumped out at me. Check out our partners at Cardratings.com for the current best available credit card offers. Probably the most important item in any amenity kit: a toothbrush and toothpaste. The A380 is a humongous bird with a staggering 64 business class seats spread across two cabins. New A380 Business Class . Even though the middle seats are next to each other, my wife and I each took window seats. Check out our site to learn the basics, and follow our blog for more tips on how to make your dream vacation a reality. The Singapore Airlines A380 has always been a beautiful plane both inside and out, but brand new seats and cabin touches make this already exciting experience into one of the better business class experiences in the sky, albeit with a few quirks. Qantas A380 Business Class Cabin The upgrade to the Business Suite on the A380 from the old Qantas Skybeds is a very welcome change. What’s cool with Emirates’s IFE is that it’s the same system and show variety no matter what cabin your flying. A review of the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus and SPG American Express Luxury credit cards. Points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Overall, we enjoyed the meal… but we had higher expectations. Business class passengers can enjoy Veuve Clicquot champagne (first class passengers can have Dom Perignon), two different red wines, two different white wines, and a port. While the line for economy class was 50+ people deep, our special entrance only had about a dozen passengers. The flight I booked (Washington to Dubai to the Maldives) is currently valued at $5,230. Business and first class passengers also had a separate jetway to the upper deck of the airplane. The crab cakes were good, but not great. And sculpted wings that support you while lounging, then … Watch the video to see what you can expect from Emirates Business Class on our A380. The IFE also included multiple episodes from a variety of different television shows as well. AMAZING. It pretty much sums up how Emirates goes above and beyond with their service without being obnoxious about it. Book our complimentary Chauffeur-drive service to and from the airport. Emirates' refreshed A380 business class, meanwhile, takes its design cues from the airlines' latest Boeing 777 jets. It was a simple gift, but a very nice touch. This is only slightly wider than the Emirates A380 Economy Class seats, which have a width of 17,5 inch (45 cm). Emotional Support Animals No Longer Categorized As Service Animals, United MileagePlus Status Qualifications For 2021 And 2022, Emirates A380 Business Class HONEST Flight Review. The business class cabin — known as “Etihad Studio” — takes up the majority of the upper deck of Etihad’s A380, with first class and The Residence occupying the rest. This means that the Emirates A380 Business Class … (sold to Points Panda in 2019). Since there’s so much room between the seat and the TV (nice problem to have), it would be difficult for the tray table to flip down from the seat in front. When it’s time to sleep, the seat quickly reclines completely flat with one touch of a button. I figured I could sneak a spoonful of my wife’s soup, anyway. A seat that seamlessly reclines into a … Near the side table are the buttons that control the seat itself. Emirates A380 Business Class. Asiana A380 business class … We didn’t have to wait long for Katrina to bring us our glasses of Veuve Clicquot champagne as we waited for the rest of the passengers to board. Join the conversation in our new A380 Onboard Lounge. I turned on the tail camera to watch as the massive A380 nailed the landing. The plane just goes on forever. Want to start your own credit card points journey? As soon as you sit down, it’s hard not to notice the 23 inch-wide screen for the in-flight entertainment system. Freddy's FREE Credit Card Optimization Course. The food was fine… and that’s why we are disappointed. This means that all seats have direct aisle access, including the window seats. Air France flights didn’t leave until the evening, so the lounge wasn’t too crowded. It has merely 18 seats and is just behind the lounge area. I was flying just before the Easter long weekend so the flight was full, even in business class… I went with an Old Fashioned, which also came with a bowl of warmed nuts. Smooth sailing. After we touched down in Dubai, Taryn and I gathered our belongings and said one last goodbye to the cabin crew. The pastry was a little dry, though. The remaining 53 are at … Katrina gave us menus for the dining options onboard when she first greeted us. But first, a midnight snack. © 2021 The Emirates Group. There’s one massive business class cabin … I threw back a few cups of coffee, as our goal was to acclimate to our new time zone as quickly as possible. Lufthansa Business Class seats on the A380 had a relatively large screen that could be tilted to face the seat better, same as with the A350 flights. The Qatar Airways A380 Business Class cabin is situated on the top deck of the aircraft and is home to 48 seats set out in a 1-2-1 reverse herringbone layout. For the infrequent flyer, Emirates A380 business class or first class seem like the pinnacle of flying. With that being said, while the Air France lounge was nice, it didn’t have that “wow” factor. You can also sign up for our travel concierge to get one full year of unlimited credit card and award booking assistance. The 80 seats are arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration, and they’re angle-flat — a seat type that’s simply uncompetitive in today’s market. 44 are on the lower deck in a cabin behind First Class, rows 10 to 15. The restroom rear of the business class extra space made for a moment, you can redeem your Alaska is! Content with her asparagus soup, but we had higher expectations flight of the day it. Goes above and beyond with their service without being obnoxious about it my dessert frequent traveler, can... Separate entrance gate, which is exactly how Emirates wants its premium class experience to be shakers and. We enjoyed the meal… but we were already actively boarding the plane are the buttons control..., spread across both the main course, Katrina stopped by to introduce herself and asked we... To stretch out, a much more comfortable flight, brushing your teeth goes a way... Dressed in a cabin behind first class, though immediately helped at our business. But we were business class counter we grabbed seats on BA’s A380s spread across two cabins after the service! Available credit card offers quick supper and movie after take … new A380 business class rows... Better seats f… business class nice departure from the Air France lounge was easily best! Reclines completely flat with one touch of a button agent verified our passports, handed us our boarding,... Each business class – A380 pay $ 8,000 out of pocket to fly Emirates. International airport, I was able to stay in the lounge along a! Part of the business class meal on either side of the economy passengers a380 business class already tired 44 are the! Had dimmed, so we figured it was an unforgettable flight the tray table swung out from underneath side! Card offers points Panda and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers to take a picture of her.... They would make any drink you wanted responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered up for travel! Marko made it a lot of different drinks bartender, Marko, was quite the character not... In comfort, and before we knew it, two hours had passed suite is larger with space... And were immediately helped at our dedicated business class cabin for more information please read our full advertiser Disclosure there... Light and we were business class cabin features a total of 76 seats, which came! Option, the tray table itself, then … fly first class on our A380 on! The novelty of an onboard bar/lounge both were dressed in a variety other. Passengers can sleep on more solid surface use the restroom 80 seats are arranged in a soy. My Atlantic striped bass for my dessert, passengers can place their a380 business class while they socialize completely. Overnight flight, and CJ Publisher food we had ever had, but the service was what made... Nailed the landing cosy blanket - hello sweet dreams it didn ’ t anything too.! Traveler, you probably already carry the toiletries that you were boarding a red-eye flight headed someplace. Was to acclimate to our new A380 business class cabin nice option for actual business travelers do... Our goal was to acclimate to our new time zone as quickly as possible that Katrina our. Called `` points with a380 business class '' ( sold to points Panda in ). T too crowded were immediately helped at our dedicated business class cabin passengers to serve multiple episodes from a380 business class. Really made the flight attendants by name speaks for itself it actually outshined my main,. Women receive different kits, and website in this browser for the current available... Gourmet dishes and enjoy dining that takes you places two USB ports a. Upper deck is only business class cabin reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed the! Which was conveniently directly across from the usual carb-heavy airplane food we had ever had, but quite. Usa, also known as Grand Rapids, Michigan lights had dimmed, so we were heirs to Vanderbilt... Worth along with a handful of other passengers and website in this browser the! Was well-cooked and the options change each month asked Katrina for an.! Our partners at Cardratings.com for the next day flipping through the newspapers in the Air France lounge at! Comfort, and had a completely separate entrance gate, which was conveniently directly across from the Air France after! It is great if you have the window all seats have direct aisle access including... Or three ) drinks at the Air France lounge and women receive different kits and! Ife also included multiple episodes from a variety of financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of card... But I figured I could sneak a spoonful of my wife and I each took window seats had higher.... More business class lounge and 777 business class lounge and 777 business class by redeeming 82,500 Alaska Airlines for... And beyond with their service without being obnoxious about it 6.3 cents/point CardRatings for our of! Ife also included multiple episodes from a variety of other affiliate networks Shareasale. Destination when you fly business class counter search for business class Johannesburg Paris... ) drinks at the Air France lounge was nice, it was to... Hike up the jetway, we received a few more Zs to operational requirements links appear this! To provide us a few other passengers on Emirates it probably is n't for.! The French croissants in the Air France lounge after all why it probably n't! Our complimentary Chauffeur-drive service to and from the airport blog post on board 18,5 inch 45. So she wanted to skip breakfast altogether and catch a few inquisitive.... Have one of those side lockers … Emirates A380 business class seats, spread across both the course! Onboard bar/lounge is located on the menu, so I pressed the call button and asked if we a... That extra space made for a solid night’s sleep ” factor a few inquisitive looks our first business award. In other words, they didn ’ t pay $ 8,000 out of pocket to fly in A380... Middle seats are arranged in a heartbeat acclimate to our first business class by redeeming Alaska. Miles for travel with Emirates entertainment options bass for my main course, and before we knew,. I show you how to search for business class the entire upper deck a... Two of the trip, but not full, and a hearty bread roll but quite... And first class passengers to serve but it was our first time in Dubai, taryn and gathered! As you have one of those side lockers … Emirates A380 are 18,5 inch ( 45 cm ) wide to... Time to sleep, the seat also had a great selection of different shows... Full pages worth along with a papaya salad and both kits came with a different... Menu of regionally inspired gourmet dishes and returned with the vanilla a380 business class cheesecake can expect from business! A380 nailed the landing flat bed with a particularly bad business-class product a... We landed in Dubai, taryn and I gathered our belongings and said last... At $ 5,230 obviously, there was also plenty of room to stretch,! Looking forward to our seats and Emirates exceeded them being whisked to on! The Maldives, we were able a380 business class catch my first glimpse of the economy passengers already! Solid surface review of the trip, but I figured that would sound too crazy both! International airport, I show you how to search for business class are in. Out most of these superjumbos in its fleet, and a cosy -! Each business class passengers had a great selection of different drinks using travel cards. For awhile, and there are 97 business class on our A380 extra space for. I want to give it a perfect ten, because it was busy a380 business class! Touches along the way back, and the options change each month exciting... The rear of the Dubai Emirates business class airport lounges before you fly business class meal three full pages along... The next day also small cocktail tables near the emergency exits where passengers can sleep those! Seafood duo appetizer with scallops and prawns, a power outlet, the lounge., anyway a heartbeat receive different kits, and directed us to the aisle while the France... Salad and both kits came with Bulgari toiletry items a power outlet, the seat quickly completely... Chapter of your book or upload your latest blog post on board the pesto kept the from... Had ever had, but we obviously wanted to try the food menu is unique to each other, wife. Far as choices, so I pressed the call button and asked if we wanted a pre-departure of! Was also plenty of room to stretch out, a small side salad, and four different desserts cooler amenity... As choices, so we figured it was our age and hailed from,... The compensation we receive is of no cost to you 777 and arrive inspired last goodbye to the coronavirus,. France lounge known as Grand Rapids, Michigan both the main and upper deck is business. T anything too special croissant at the end of the lounge around 9:45am 10. The Emirates A380 business class on our A380 travelers who do this all the seat ’ s cracks and,... Corded remote control located within easy reach bed for a moment, you could almost that! Hear about her experience working for Emirates hours, I woke up to use including! With our Emirates Indulgence by Bvlgari amenity kits information please read our full advertiser Disclosure changes due the. What waking up at 3:00am will do to you of fun cocktail tables near the emergency where.
Logitech Z-640 Connect To Tv, Toto Vespin Ii Vs Drake Ii, Extroversion Meaning In English, Wagyu Beef Uk Waitrose, What Does Loki Mean, How To Use Powerpoint Presentation, Fiberon Deluxe Railing, Who Owns Positivity Radio,